When it comes to social media marketing, many people think about the big five: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube and Twitter. However, there’s a new player taking the social media world by a storm, all thanks to plenty of bored individuals churning out lip-syncing and dance content in its droves during the many lockdowns of 2020: TikTok.
TikTok is a social networking platform built around video-sharing, with the goal of getting users to create short-form videos in a range of genres from dance to comedy, education to emotive. They can last from 3 seconds up to 1 minute, and the platform is now also considering how to incorporate paid social into its feeds.
How to use TikTok for your digital marketing
1. First up, you need to create a channel for your business. It is important that your channel is named after your business, has your logo clearly shown as your profile picture (which may mean considering how its design will fit into a circular shape) and has a biography that accurately describes your business.
2. If you want to opt for a more ‘subtle’ form of business marketing on TikTok, you may want to get your team to set up personal pages instead, where they then promote your business through their feeds as though they’re just creating natural and organic content, rather than obviously promoting your business.
3. In the event that you don’t have team members who can create content on their own feed, or in the case where you might want to tap into other larger audiences, there’s the option of influencers. Influencer marketing is a great way of reaching out to a broader audience. It is important that you find influencers who are most relevant to your market, and who may have a notable impact. If you pay them for their advertising, you need to ensure the investment is going to be worth it in terms of the reward.
4. Another advertising avenue is through utilising TikTok’s new paid social opportunity, where you can explore the new campaign options available. It is important to understand how this differs from other types of paid social to get the most out of it.
5. Create engaging content for your business to truly succeed. It can be on a whole range of topics – there are successful TikTok accounts for people cleaning swimming pools, cleaning their toilets and people mixing paint. It doesn’t have to be ‘sexy’, just consistent, engaging and interesting.
Get in touch
Contact us today to find out more about social media marketing and how we can help.